New Items, Reminders, and Upcoming Deadlines
Beginner Band Clinic
The beginner band clinic is today, August 28th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, and Wednesday, August 29, 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
Parent and Student Handbook and Middle School Handbook
The Parent and Student Handbook, and Middle School Handbook for the 2018-2019 school year are posted on our school website. We will be sending out acknowledgement forms with the oldest child in each family. Please sign and return by Friday, August 31st. You may click on the following link to access the handbook.
Parent and Student Handbook
Middle School Handbook 2018-2019
No School, September 3rd
This is a reminder that there is no school on Monday, September 3rd in celebration of Labor Day!
Mad Science After-School Program
Mad Science is an hour hands-on science program with fun experiments each week. Classes will be held on September 10,17, and 24, and end on October 1st. Click here for more information.
The cost is $50. Click here to register.
6th Annual Fun Run: Friday, September 21, 2018
5:30 p.m. Check in at the Pavilion
6:00 p.m. Run starts
School social immediately afterwards
Bring the whole family for a fun run (or walk) around campus and enjoy the school social in the pavillon afterwards. Black’s Sliders Food Truck and Dippin’ Dots will have tasty food available for purchase.
Fun Run Cost: $5 per person or $20 per family; a T-shirt is included (must register by Sept. 14 to guarantee a shirt).
Click here to register.
Sponsorship opportunities are available now, starting at only $100. Please contact Sarah Anderson for more information: email@example.com.
Special Milk Program
St. Vincent School is offering free 1% white milk to any students wanting milk during lunch. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
Nicholas (8th Grade) would like to thank everyone who helped to support Operation Christmas Child. He raised $654.52 for this great cause. Thank you again for your support in memory of his cousin Tomas!
Dress Code Changes
Please note that we have made a change to our dress code policy, please see below:
- Girls in grades K-4 may wear their jumper with the peter pan collar and vest at Mass. They can also choose to wear shorts, skorts, or pants with the red or white polo and vest for Mass.
- Girls in grade 5 may wear their plaid skirt with the red or white polo and their vest at Mass. They can also wear shorts, skorts, or pants with the red or white polo with the vest for Mass.
- Girls in grades 6-8 may wear their plaid skirt with the white or blue oxford and their vest at Mass. They can also wear shorts, skorts, or pants with the white or blue oxford with the vest for Mass.
- Boys in grades K-5 may wear shorts or pants with the red or white polo shirt with the vest at Mass.
- Boys in grades 6-8 may wear shorts or pants with the white or blue oxford and their vest at Mass.
Shorts may be worn all four quarters for boys and girls.
Please contact the school office with any questions.
HSA is taking orders for the St. Vincent Spirit Wear. Please click on the order form below for pictures and prices. Order your Spirit Wear today! Orders must be to the school office by September 7, 2018.
Download the Spirit Gear Order Form
Scrip (Gift Card Program)
Join us in raising money for our school simply by using gift cards where you’re already shopping. It’s easy, rewarding, and fits perfectly into your busy life. Please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-277-6702 with any questions.
Check It Out: News from the Library
Library classes have started and it’s been so great to meet all the students! You should have received a yellow paper with information about library guidelines and a form that should be returned that acknowledges you and your student understand them. The library’s mission is to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, and skilled researchers. This aligns with the mission of the school as we strive to cultivate both minds and hearts by encouraging reading for information and for pleasure. Library information can always be found on the school website under the student tab.
Introducing Beanstack – a new reading incentive program
The biggest change to library this year is that we are trying a new reading incentive program. No more AR testing for points. We will be asking students and families to keep track of reading minutes on our school’s Beanstack site. You can set up your account and access the site at stvincentschool.beanstack.org. All family members are invited to join and participate in the reading challenges. Students will earn prizes for every 1000 minutes they read and those reading 5000 minutes this year will be invited to a special celebration. And we will try to collectively read 1 million minutes as a school community.
Library Website Correction
If you want to view your child’s library account information, please go to saintvincent.goalexandria.com, click on Researcher and log in with your child’s library card number and his or her initials in lower case as the password. The link included in the library information sheet will get you to the library catalog, but doesn’t allow you to log into any accounts. Thanks!
Library Volunteers Needed
We are in need of additional volunteers for a few of our classes – 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Please email me if you’d have some time to give. It’s a very fun way to get your PIP hours.
For questions about the library or to volunteer, please email me at email@example.com. Thank you!
Homework Lab started last week. The Homework Lab schedule is posted on the website and is subject to change. In order to use Homework Lab, please follow these rules:
- Pick up your child from the Spring Lane lot at 3:50 PM. Any children not picked up from the Spring Lane lot at 3:50 PM will be escorted to Extended Day.
- Children must have homework in order to attend Homework Lab. The students may read during Homework Lab. Any students not having homework to do or a book to read will be escorted to Extended Day.
- Students will not be allowed to change for sporting events during Homework Lab. Any clothing changes will have to take place at Extended Day or with a parent after 3:50 PM.
- Students must go straight to Homework Lab after they are dismissed from their classrooms and may not leave before 3:50 PM unless a parent comes to get them.
Thank you for your cooperation!
2019 Auction Chair Positions to be Filled
Come join the St. Vincent Party Planning Team! The following are key committee chair positions needed for this year’s auction to be held Saturday, March 2, 2019. The theme is Sci-Fi -N- Superhero Soiree Casino & Auction night. Please take a look and decide how you could help. Remember, you can team-up and do any of these positions with a friend. Email Therese Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (801) 527-2043.
- Opportunity Drawing: Chair does school opportunity drawing assembly (in December) and then runs student contests each week. Gets prizes, runs contests, comes up with the raffle concepts. Need 6-8 volunteers each week to help with the raffle, coordinate winning class parties, update sales meters display, etc.
- Silent Auction: This Chair and their volunteers help set up the silent auction tables and package the items, putting in baskets and mount certificates for the silent auction.
- Live Auction: Chair helps to secure bigger items for live auction along with solicitation chair. This chair runs the live auction with spotters and runners and recorders and makes sure the auctioneer is running things smoothly. This person takes pictures of items and pulls needed information from internet to create a visual display for the live auction items.
Free Ways to Support St. Vincent School
Help support our school with Free Ways to Support St. Vincent School. See the different ways you can support St. Vincent. Please remember that although you may have already signed up to help through the various retailers, some require that you sign up every year. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
Sign up and follow us so you stay informed and see photos and posts about events and activities at our school. Please join!