New Items, Reminders, and Upcoming Deadlines
- Christmas Program (details)
- Early Dismissal/Extended Day
- Christmas Food Drive
- Christmas/New Year’s Day Liturgy Schedule
- Parking Lot Change
- Public Skate at Cottonwood Recreational Center
- Homework Lab
- Sandwich Program
- # Social Media
Christmas Program Tonight
The annual Christmas Program is tonight! Please have students to their classroom by 6:00 PM. The program begins at 6:30 PM.
Students must dress in Sunday best or school Mass uniform clothing. Please no jeans or sweatpants.
If your child will not be here for the performance, please inform their teacher. Also, please do not leave any valuables in your vehicle.
Help is needed immediately following the program to break down the sets, risers, etc. Please consider staying a few minutes to assist. Thank You.
Wednesday, December 2oth is an early dismissal day. Students will be released at 12:30 PM. Extended Day will be open regular hours (until 6:00 PM).
Extended Day will be closed from Thursday, December 21st – Tuesday, January 2nd, opening again on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018.
Christmas Food Drive
The last day for the food drive is Wednesday, December 20th. Donations will go to the Saint Vincent Food Pantry.
Click here for a complete list of assigned foods.
Christmas & New Year’s Day Liturgy Schedule
The Saint Vincent de Paul Parish Christmas and New Year’s Day liturgy schedule is now available.
Click here for the St. Vincent de Paul Church Liturgy Schedule.
Parking Lot Change (Spring Lane)
Beginning on Wednesday, January 3, we will begin our new drop-off and pick-up routine in the Spring Lane lot. (See the map below.) These are the main differences to the routine:
- Those who enter the drop-off lane, which is indicated by the yellow and orange arrows on the map, may not go through the cones to park.
- After you drop your child off, you will continue around the outside lane (indicated by the orange arrows on the map) of the parking lot to the main exit.
- As before, please pull forward in front of the gym to drop off so that traffic does not back up onto Spring Lane. There will be a sign indicating the desired drop-off spot. If you are able to pull forward to that spot, but choose to not do so, you will experience the scornful looks of annoyed drivers behind you.
- If you would like to park, enter through the main entrance and proceed along the red arrow path to the parking lane. If you park, please walk with your child across the drop-off lane. Please do not park and allow your child to cross the traffic alone. Also, please do not enter through the exit. (That sounds funny, but over the years, the main exit has become the main entrance for many drivers.)
Please contact the main office if you have any questions.
Public Skate at the Cottonwood Heights Recreational Center
Want something fun to do after Christmas? Public Skate at the Cottonwood Heights Recreational Center.
When: Thursday, December 28, from 2-4 PM
Cost: $4.50 for kids skates included and $5.50 for adults
The Calderbank’s will be there and can help the kids get started 🙂
Please note that there will be no homework on Wednesday, January 3rd and Thursday, January 4th.
We have ordered some additional St. Vincent student sweatshirts. These items are available for purchase for $25. We have a limited number available, so please come to the school office if you have interest.
We would like to remind everyone to make sure to write your child’s name in their clothing. We are getting seeing quite a few items appear in our lost and found without a name.
Saint Vincent Parish Sandwich Program
The sandwich making days for January are the following:
Wednesday, January 3rd at 6:00PM
Monday, January 8th at 10:00AM
Please contact Mari McCord with any questions at 801-527-2037.
# Social Media Campaign
We are starting up a # campaign for our school on social media. These will be used for school posts on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. We invite you to use the #s when sharing your school memories on social media.
The campaign will consist of a total of five #s with the first being #learningmakesmehappy (we have been using this # on posts since the beginning of the school year). The middle school voted and chose the remaining four. The winners are:
Thank you for helping spread good news about our school!
Auction Tickets and Donations
Tickets are now on sale for An Evening at Casino Royale! Please click on the link below to register online for tickets or for a High Roller Patron Table. Patron tables are almost sold out, so sign up today!
Want to be a sponsor? Click here for Underwriting Sponsorships.
Auction Donations: Please consider making a donation directly for the silent and live auctions. Auction donations purchased from our script program will count towards your Parent Scrip Program requirements.
Sign up and follow us so you stay informed and see photos and posts about events and activities at our school. Please join!