The safety procedures continue to go well, and we are still refining practices to make everything run even more smoothly. We thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks in our sound system for home learners. We are definitely zeroing in on fabulousness.
- We are going to purchase air purifiers for every classroom, not just those without windows. The recent bad air days led us to realize the benefit of having these in all rooms. We have consulted with our HVAC company regarding the air changes per hour (ACH) in our classrooms, and Dr. Thorell sent us guidance for purchasing air purifiers that was created by Harvard University, so that we are making the best-informed purchases possible.
- Please check with your child to make sure her/his mask is fitting properly.
- The Admin Team and the middle school teachers have decided to allow students in grades 6-8 to wear their P.E. uniforms to school on Mondays and Wednesdays, and keep it on the entire day, since they will not be allowed to change from the regular uniform to the P.E. uniform at school. If your child needs a middle school P.E. shirt, please email email@example.com indicating that you would like a P.E. uniform shirt, and the size needed. (The P.E. shirt from past years is fine to wear also. We do not sell P.E. uniform shorts; students will wear solid or mainly solid navy blue athletic shorts. Students may wear navy blue sweatpants when the weather is cooler.) Our staff will give your child a P.E. shirt, and a charge of $3 will be taken via ACH.
- Drop-off and pick-up times are staggered: Families with last names beginning with A-H may drop off between 8:00 and 8:10, and may pick up starting at 3:10. Families with last names beginning with I-Z may drop off between 8:10 and 8:20, and may pick up starting at 3:20.
- We ask that you not send any items for your child’s birthday (or half-birthday for those with summer birthdays). The homeroom teachers will acknowledge each student’s birthday in the classroom. Also, each week, Mrs. Lambert will announce the names of those with birthdays over the intercom.
- Please help support all the hard work our staff and students will do with our safety protocols by being as safe as possible outside of school. One strategy for this is by keeping your “pods” small and within the same class.
- All schools in the diocese have a contact at the Salt Lake County Health Department who will direct us on COVID matters. We will follow that official’s direction about who will need to quarantine if a student or family member tests positive for COVID-19, and who will be notified if someone in the community tests positive.
- When you enroll your child(ren), you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Parent Handbook. Please note the following addition to our Parent Handbook: By allowing their children to attend St. Vincent School, parents are acknowledging their commitment to follow the St. Vincent de Paul Parish School COVID Response Plan. Parents also acknowledge that this plan mitigates, but does not eliminate, the risks associated with COVID.
- Parents are not allowed into the building, even on the first day. During drop-off and pick-up remain in your vehicle. Please remember to try to conduct any office business over the phone or through email. If you have to come in, please schedule an appointment.